Falconry regulations in Arizona

These are the current Federal Regulations

These are the AZ regs that went into effect January 1, 2013

This is Commission Order 25 which specifies raptor take in AZ.

Coming in to AZ from out of state? Here's some basics...

If you are coming for less than 30 days, you do not need a health certificate:

AZ Regs J(1)(c)
"Provide a health certificate for each raptor possessed under the out-of-state sport falconry license when the raptor is present in this state for more than 30 consecutive days. The health certificate may be issued after the date of the interstate importation, but shall have been issued no more than 30 consecutive days prior to the interstate importation."

Hunting licenses are required to practice falconry. AZ provides short-term ($20 per day) or annual ($160 from Jan 1 through Dec 31) non-resident hunting licenses. They are available online, at all Game and Fish offices, and at many sporting goods stores. This page provides the info on licensing details: